East Coast: 917-873-3410
West Coast: 424-333-0778
Areas of Expertise
David Smokler is a Partner and Co-Founder of 420 IT Solutions. David has over 20 years of audit experience and is an accomplished Practice leader with excellent track record of driving sales and superior relationship and practice builder. Highly skilled in the creation and execution of plans and numerous product-service offerings delivering value to clients and consistently exceed expectations. David’s expertise is in risk compliance and he specializes in technical system audits, security, internal controls, data analysis/computer forensics, IT Security, SOX Section 404, and business continuity reviews/business impact analysis reviews. David is recognized for his information technology knowledge and has performed business risk assessments related to the implementation and operation of IT systems for clients across many industries. In addition, David has a strong business development background and was responsible for the acquisition of numerous major accounts and has built a significant client base during the course of his career.
Prior to creating 420 IT Solutions, David directed IT audit control and security reviews and Sarbanes- Oxley Section 404 technology engagements for clients in various industries. He was a Manager at EY, a Director at BDO, Director at JH Cohn, and later was a Director and founding member of Focal Point (formerly Sunera) Northeast IT Advisory Practice. He successfully managed, reviewed, tracked and coordinated all IT audits for several clients in consumer markets, non-profits and governmental entities. In addition, David led data center reviews, focusing on operating system policies and procedures, logical security, job scheduling, physical access, capacity management, program change management, database management, network security, and disaster recovery.
Education and Credentials
- City University of New York – Bachelor of Science in Accounting (BS)
- State University of New York – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology/Economics (BA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology (CGEIT)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
Membership in Professional and Civic Organizations
- Board member of the Metro NYC Chapter of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)